This blog is all about Food. Real Food. Food that Nourishes, Heart and Soul.

Real Ingredients, Organic and Locally sourced whenever and where ever possible, shared with love.

No packages, no ingredients that are impossible to pronounce.

Real, honest food, from my kitchen to yours. Enjoy!

Thursday 12 September 2013

Grain Free “Battered” Cauliflower


I found this recipe browsing on Pinterest the other day, and being as I had a nice head of organic cauliflower in my fridge, decided it was the perfect time to try it out. But, I was already marinating this chicken to go on the BBQ for dinner, and the buffalo flavour for the cauliflower just didn't seem to match. Being as I already had to tweak it to make it grain free, I ended up changing the entire recipe to suit the flavours of my chicken. The concept is similar, but the recipe is totally new, and incredibly tasty!! My eldest son, who generally doesn't like cauliflower, declared it “delicious”, much to my surprise.  I can’t wait  to try a grain free version of original recipe, but for now, this one is a keeper!!

Grain Free “Battered” Cauliflower
4 T coconut flour
1 tbsp chick pea flour
¾ cup water
1 egg
1 clove garlic
1 tsp Herbamare
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried oregano
____
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 Tbsp arrowroot powder
4 cups bite sized pieces of cauliflower(approx 1/2 of a large head)

Preheat oven to 425F.
Place all ingredients  except for the Parmesan, cauliflower and arrowroot in a blender and blend until completely pureed.
Let stand for 5 minutes to thicken up.
Chop your cauliflower into bite sized pieces, place in a large bowl or ziplock bag and toss with the arrowroot powder.
When “batter” has thickened up, toss with cauliflower until all pieces are well coated.
Scrape out onto parchment lined pan. sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the pieces are starting to brown nicely.
Serve hot alongside this chicken and a tossed green salad.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment