This blog is all about Food. Real Food. Food that Nourishes, Heart and Soul.

Real Ingredients, Organic and Locally sourced whenever and where ever possible, shared with love.

No packages, no ingredients that are impossible to pronounce.

Real, honest food, from my kitchen to yours. Enjoy!

Thursday 7 March 2013

Cherry Tomato, Quinoa And Mozzarella Salad With Spinach (AKA: Another idea for Leftover Quinoa)



When I make quinoa, I always make too much, but the leftovers never go to waste. If I am not making quinoa cakes with the extras, I throw it in the freezer in 1 cup containers. This is a perfect amount to use in a cold salad for lunch. I have had this recipe open on my laptop for a while now, (original recipe from here:  http://www.miasdomain.com/2012/06/quinoa-mozzarella-tomato-salad.html?spref=tw ) it looked so yummy I had to make it. We needed a side to go with our leftover lamb chops for lunch tomorrow, so I threw together a loose version. This is a perfect amount for 2 side salads or one larger meal salad. My amounts were kind of a toss here and a toss there. If you want a more precise version, refer to the original recipe. Her recipe uses basil, but being as something is eating my basil every time I plant it, I substituted my garlic chives.



Cherry Tomato, Quinoa And Mozzarella Salad With Spinach 

I picked a big handful of baby spinach from the garden, approx 1 cup, rinsed and roughly chopped it. Toss in a mixing bowl, and add around 10 cherry tomatoes, halved, ¼ cup chopped garlic chives, juice of ½ a lemon, mini fresh mozzarella balls, 10-15 ish (if yours are big, use 4- 5 and quarter them), 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Let flavours mingle for a bit, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment